Dr John Reade BSc (Hons), PhD, ILTM
- Weed Science
- Crop Production
- Crop Protection
- Crop Improvement
- Sustainable and Organic Farming Systems
- Crop Protection (M level)
- BASIS/Concise BASIS/Grassland BASIS/Potato BASIS/ BASIS Herbicide Agreement Officer
- Agricultural Awareness
- EFMA course
- PPA course
- Weed Biology and Control, including novel non-chemical controls
- Invasive Plant Species
- Mode of Action of Herbicides
- Herbicide Resistance
- Plant Physiology
- Sports Turf
- Interaction of Agrochemicals with plants and the environment
- Alternative Crops (Miscanthus)
- Weed control using allelopathic plant species (Student: Hadi Alliki; Supervisors Dr John Reade and Dr Matthew Back) - Director of Studies
- Weed management using low energy lasers, alone and in combination with low dose photosynthetic electron transport inhibitors - Director of Study
Harper Adams University supports OpenFields, the online land-based library.
Loading publication details from OpenFields...
- AH Cobb and JPH Reade (2010) Herbicides and Plant Physiology (2nd Edition)
- Milner, LJ., Reade, JPH. and Cobb, AH (2007) The effect of temperature on glutathione S-transferase activity and glutathione content in Alopecurus myosuroides (black grass) biotypes susceptible and resistant to herbicides Weed Research 47 (106 - 112)
- Aronsson, AKS., Kettlewell, PS., Grove, IG. and Reade, JPH (2006) Potential for canopy management of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) by exploiting pH signals: Preliminary investigation of xylem sap pH. . In Bibliotheca Fragmenta Agronomica, Volume 11, Part I. Fotyma, M. and Kaminska, B. (eds). Proceedings of the IX Congress of the European Society of Agronomy, 4-7 September 2006, Warsaw, Poland, pp. 35-36
- Reade, JPH., Milner, LJ. and Cobb, AH (2004) A role for glutathione S-transferases in resistance to herbicides in grasses Weed Science 52 ((468 - 474))
External Examiner: BSc / BSc (horns) Agricultural Technology / Agricultural Technology with Professional Studies, Queen's University Belfast (2015 - present)
External Examiner: BSc / BSc (hons) Applied Bioscience and Agricultural Science, SRUC, Ayr, Scotland (2012 - present)
Invited Speaker: Talking Turf 2012, George, South Africa - May 21st - 24th 2012. "The Science of Turf - from the inside out"
Invited Speaker: 3rd International Energy Farming Congress, Papenburg, Germany - March 10th - 12th 2009. "Miscanthus Production; Practical Experience"
Field Presentation: IEA Bioenergy Conference visit, Harper Adams University College, UK - September 15th 2008. "Miscanthus Production"