Paul Lewis BSc (Hons), PgCert (HE), FHEA, MBPR (Fert)
Senior Lecturer in Soil and Environmental Science
- Module Leader: Ecosystems and Environmental Resource Management; Environmental Quality and Protection; Waste and Resource Management; Soil and Water, Nutrient Cycling, Waste Management; Soil and Water Management
- Module Tutor: Advanced Agronomy; Applied Crop Protection; Crop Production Science; Environmental Monitoring; Grass, Forage and Environmental Science; Soil and Plant Nutrition; Sustainable Farming Systems
- Manage and/or teach on the suite of crops and environment based short courses operated through the Harper Adams Professional and Career Development Service - including BASIS Certificates in Crop Protection, Soil & Water Management, BETA, FACTS, NMP and ICM; Agricultural Awareness; AATP
- Manage and teach on agricultural and soil training courses for the Environment Agency, the Rural Payments Agency, Natural England, Catchment Sensitive Farming, National Trust and the National Grid
- Environmental regulation in relation to sustainable agriculture
- Catchment sensitive farming
- Farm waste and manure management
- Soil science, nutrient cycling and the use of fertilisers in agriculture
- Use of cereal-based wholecrop silages in grassland systems
- The impact of on-farm mitigation measures for delivering an improved water environment. Defra funded systematic review. This research project is investigating evidence of the effectiveness of slurry storage, cover/catch crops, woodland creation, controlled trafficking, break up of compacted layers, and buffer strips as interventions to deliver an improved water environment.
- Digestate and compost in agriculture. This is a four year research project looking at the use of quality anaerobic digestate and compost in agriculture, integrated with an extensive knowledge exchange network. Funded jointly by Defra, WRAP, WRAP Cymru and Zero Waste Scotland and managed by ADAS and Earthcare Technical Ltd.
- Association of Applied Biologists
- British Grassland Society
- BASIS Professional Register
- FACTS Qualified Adviser
- Quick Scoping Review on the impact of pesticides used in amenity on the water environment - advisor
- Rapid Evidence Assessment and Quick Scoping Review for water policy decision making - project advisor
- The impact of on-farm mitigation measures for delivering an improved water environment - Project advisor
Harper Adams University supports OpenFields, the online land-based library.
Loading publication details from OpenFields...
- Randall, NP, Donnison, LM, Lewis, PJ and James, KL (2015) How effective are on-farm mitigation measures for delivering an improved water environment? A systematic map Environmental Evidence 4; 18
- Westbury DB, Mortimer SR, Brook AJ, Harris SJ, Kessock-Philip R, Edwards AR, Chaney K, Lewis PJ, Dodd S, Buckingham DL and Peach WJ (2011) Plant and invertebrate resources for farmland birds in pastoral landscapes Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 142; 266-274
- Peach WJ, Dodd S, Westbury DB, Mortimer SR, Lewis PJ, Brook AJ, Harris SJ, Kessock-Philip R, Buckingham DL and Chaney K (2011) Cereal-based wholecrop silages: A potential conservation measure for farmland birds in pastoral landscapes Biological Conservation 144; 836-850
- BASIS Approved Trainer for Harper Adams