Mrs Gabriella Parkes BSc, PGCE, MSc
Agricultural economics and policy. Micro economics and Impacts of Recreation on the Country side.
Leisure and Tourism Policy and Planning, Destinations management, Events Management, and Marketing.
- The employment of seniors in the rural economy. Trends and regional differences.
- Food tourism.
- Pick Your Own farm businesses
- Recreational farm diversifications and Rural entrepreneurship.
- Agricultural Economics Society
- Lucy Gilbert & Gabriella Parkes (2016) Strategic responses to the challenges facing rural Pick Your Own Entrepreneurs Rural Entrepreneurship Conference 14th annual conference of REC (http://rec2016.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/files/2016/06/Abstract-booklet.pdf)
- G. Parkes (2010) Student perceptions of their Placement year.
- G. Parkes (2007) Is the ageing of the population in rural Shropshire having an impact on businesses in this region? Roots Conference and Website
Parkes G and Dickenson S. Red or Bio - the subsitutability of farm bio diesel for red deisel. Agricultural Economics Society Conference, University of Reading.
- G.Parkes (2005) Utilising the latent economic potential of older people in rural areas. West Midlands Economic Bulletin Issue 2, 2005
- Parkes, G. (2004) Reforming the CAP. Economic Review. V21,N3, Feb 2004. ( Also on the web site of the RASE.)
My interests include the Common Agricultural Policy, past present and future, the impact of Universities on University city housing markets, Pick Your Own and other food and recreational rural entrepreneurship.
I also am interested in the impact of 'nature' on personal and community health and wellbeing.