Introduction to Agriculture / Agricultural Awareness
25-26 Apr 2017
£350 (including lunch and beverages)
Full residential rate: £66.50 per night
Who is this course designed for?
This course has been designed for delegates at all levels who have moved into the agri-industries and professions or for those delegates whose client portfolio includes agri-businesses. This course can be tailor-made for a specific company.
This course attracts Solicitors' CPD Credits
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the major farming issues and an awareness of the needs and practices of agriculture.
- Achieve a better understanding of their clients, resulting in a greater level of mutual respect and client satisfaction.
- Cropping calendar
- Crop rotations
- Agri-Environment and Conservation
- Introduction to the Common Agricultural Policy and Cross Compliance
- Arable crops
- Grassland and forage crops
- Non-food crops
- Dairy, beef, sheep, pig and poultry production
- Farm business analysis
- Agricultural machinery
- Farming and farm practice
- The supply trade and its customers
- Woodland management
- Soil management
- Waste management and pollution control