BASIS - Advanced Module - Cereals
Dates on application
£625.00 (tuition only)
Examination fee: £305.00
Full residential rate: £66.50 per night
Lunch and beverages: £18 per day
This course is designed for professional consultants, advisers and representatives working in the crop protection industry. It will also be of value to managers of crop protection products, farmers with a large arable concern and those qualified for the BASIS Professional Register who want to extend and update their specialist knowledge or who wish to gain Continuing Professional Development Points. There is an optional examination to qualify towards the BASIS Advanced Certificate or the BASIS Diploma in Agronomy.
On completion of this course, delegates will have gained:
- an understanding of the requirements for improving crop management.
- an understand of all aspects of profitable grain production.
- decision making that is agronomically, economically and environmentally sound.
- an understand of crop protection and decision-making processes.
- continuing Professional Development Points.
- Optimising cultivation management
- Varieties and crop establishment
- Recent and current development in crop protection, including disease diagnosis and control, plant growth regulators and lodging, herbicide management, pest management and seed treatment
- Application technology
- Canopy management
- Crop nutrition
- Grain quality
- World markets
- Environmental implications of growing cereals
For more detailed information about the syllabus please refer to the BASIS website: www.basis-reg.com
Successful examination qualifies one out of four modules required for the BASIS Advanced Certificate or the BASIS Diploma in Agronomy and the newly accredited Harper Adams University College 'Graduate Diploma in Agronomy with Environmental Management'. This course also accrues 30 Continuing Professional Development points.
This course carries 15 CPD points for the BASIS Professional Register. Successful completion of the exam counts as one of the modules towards The Advanced BASIS Certificate.
Other advanced BASIS crop modules
- Plant Protection Award
- Biodiversity and Environmental Training for Advisers
- Soil and Water Management