- Harper Ireland chairman earns scholarship
- Harper Adams University student scoops international equine placement
- Scholarship helps student gain extra baking experience and qualifications
- Students and staff to benefit from £700,000 investment in learning and teaching project
- Harper Adams University is the UK’s number 1 for student experience
- Introducing the new Harper Adams University brand
- New Masters scholarships offered to graduates of Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, Uruguay
- Mathematics plays a key role in agriculture
- Postgraduate agro-ecology scholarship awarded in memory of "unsung hero"
- Use your melon - get a full fees scholarship for courses starting 2017
Scholarship helps student gain extra baking experience and qualifications Posted: 21 March 2017 Harper Adams University BSc (Hons) Food, Nutrition and Well-being student Amy Wickham discovered her love of baking when she worked at the Village Bakery in Wrexham for her placement year, here she helped develop a product which was launched onto a well-known supermarket’s selves.
Grandmother’s kitchen to international food industry aspirations Posted: 23 February 2017 Some of Rachel Carroll’s earliest memories are standing on a chair in her grandmother’s kitchen so she could help with the baking. Her passion for food led to her studying BSc (Hons) Food and Consumer Studies at Harper Adams University, which has developed her into a conscientious consumer and food technologist
Project to farm a hectare of spring barley exclusively with autonomous vehicles continues Posted: 10 February 2017 The ‘Hands Free Hectare’ project, which will see a crop exclusively farmed by robots for the first time in the world, is well under-way, with the team having already selected the key machinery required to reach their goal.
Scholarship to help student’s business dream of making mushroom beer Posted: 31 January 2017 Harper Adams University student Harriet Livesey has been brought-up on a farm that grows woodland mushrooms. Through her studies and placement year at Seasoned Cookery School, she has gained skills in marketing, business and diversification and wishes to use these in a new business which creates beer from waste woodland mushrooms.
Harper Adams senior lecturer edits international food journal Posted: 7 December 2016 The British Food Journal is releasing a special edition on food integrity in January next year. Harper Adams senior lecturer in food policy and management Dr Louise Manning was asked to be guest editor for the special issue.
“New plastic banknotes will harbour less bacteria than the old ‘paper’ ones” says research Posted: 6 December 2016 After the new plastic five pound note has been released in the UK, a project in to bacteria on currency has concluded that plastic, also known as polymer, banknotes are cleaner than cotton, cotton-linen and washi paper notes.