Soil and Water Management Centre
Taking-up the Critical Challenge
An industry-led initiative to help UK farming make the most of its two most precious assets.
- Acting as a central source of soil and water management information and expertise, and national forum for establishing essential improvement priorities.
- Making practical soil and water management training and advisory materials widely accessible and co-ordinating farm-based workshops and demonstration projects.
- Instigating and supporting applied soil and water management research addressing particular challenges and improvement opportunities.
Leading industry partners establishing a national focus for improvement at Harper Adams University.
- Plugging important gaps in practical soil and water management understanding under modern production systems.
- Recovering 30 years of critical losses in national soil and water management expertise and training.
- Delivering major improvements in co-ordinated soil and water management advice and support to crop and livestock producers across the country.
Working hand-in-hand with farmers and key research and training providers for the greatest overall industry value.
- Graduation 2015 prize-giving: British Society for Soil Science Undergraduate Award
- Graduation 2015 prize-giving: British Society for Soil Science Postgraduate Award
- World Soil Day Dec 5: The hidden creatures in our soils
- World Soil Day Dec 5: Not just dirt
- World Soil Day Dec 5: A barren medium or wriggling with life?