AgriFood Advanced Training Partnership
About Advanced Training Partnerships
- Advanced Training Partnerships are formal collaborations between users and providers of high-level skills in the agri-food sector, bringing together companies with research and training organisations.
- BBSRC have funded four partnerships with each one operating under the leadership of an academic institution. Each partnership will focus on a particular research area, and the four are complementary, covering the full range of food production from soil to plate.
- The AgriFood ATP is led by the University of Nottingham in partnership with Cranfield University, Harper Adams University and Rothamsted Research.
- The complementary research and skills within the partnership allows us to offer training spanning the entire agri-food supply chain from one day workshops through to postgraduate awards (e.g. MSc, PhD).
- The training courses will be developed in consultation with industry who are represented both at Management Board and within our Training Subgroups.
How can the AgriFood ATP help my employees and business?
- Provide higher level training (Masters Level)
- Collaborative courses between highly respected institutions and industry
What courses are offered at Harper Adams?
- Ruminant Nutrition - PgC
- Animal Production, Meat Processing and Quality
- Poultry Meat Processing, Product Quality and Safety
Food and Nutrition
- Management of Food Product Development
- Food Business Operations Management
- Managing in Food Businesses
- Milk Production, Processing and Quality
- Advanced Agronomy for Fresh Produce
- Advanced Practitioner in Potato Production and Management
- Biology and Epidemiology of Plant Pathogens
- Biology of Plant Parasitic Nematodes
- Current Perspectives in Weed Science
- Diagnosis of Plant Pathogens
- Fresh Produce Production
- Integrated Farm Management
- Management of Plant Parasitic Nematodes
- Plant Health Management
- Precision Farming Technology
- Principles and Practices of Crop Production
- Soil Tillage, Traction and Compaction
- Weed Ecology and Physiology
- Evaluation of Farm Business Resilience
- Evaluation of Innovation and Strategic Development of the Farm Business
- Transferable Skills
- Grassland Management